Friday 26 August 2016

BROWN RICE SWALLOW

Hey FitFam Foodies!

Please don't raise your eyebrows because I just titled this post as Brown Rice SWALLOW!

It's not a mistake. I actually mean it, cause there is such a meal so called.

I very well know Brown Rice is high in fiber, low in fat and easy to digest. BUT what I didn't know 'til some weeks ago is this :

While chatting with a fellow fitfam foodie and friend, she mentioned that she uses her son's ground brown rice to make a meal for herself.

I said to myself, Wow! 'Buki, so there's actually BROWN RICE in FLOUR form, whoo-hoo!

Boy! was I glad?! Yes I was, just because since I fell in love with Bulgur, I had totally abandoned my pack of brown rice, it was just laying there in the pantry like a forgotten toy!

The moment my friend mentioned ground brown rice...it was a EUREKA moment for me.

So if you have brown rice you haven't cooked since forever just because... this is what you can do.

Grind that brown rice into powder (flour) form, and then prepare it the same way you make your oat swallow.

I served mine with beef stew and ewedu a.k.a jute leaves.


Don't know how? This is how:

Heat a pot of water, bring it to a boil.
Quickly stir in the ground brown rice until it becomes a smooth paste.

OR

To be on the safer side, you can:

Pour some ground brown rice in your pot.
Add some water just about the same level as the ground brown rice.
On low heat begin to stir.
You may notice the mixture will be caked, keep stirring (if need be, add some more water, little though).
The mix will start to form, stir until it becomes a smooth paste.

Easy breezy! This sure cooks way way waaaaay faster than boiling your brown rice. *winks*

Follow me on instagram @bukikolade



No comments: