Tuesday 14 June 2016

When life hands you CUCUMBERS...

Hey fellow fitfam foodies and healthy food lovers.

There's more to life than just chewing your cucumbers or tossing 'em in salads. COME ON!
I mean, that's just plain boring.

We should realize that the same way we make lemonades from lemons, there's more to cucumbers than meets the eyes.

Why not make yourself a CUCUMBER BOAT.
Trust me, it's as simple as it looks.
All you need do is -

  • Cut your cucumber , length wise.
  • Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds (I ate the seeds).
  • Stuff your cucumber with any filling of your choice, like stir fry, sauteed veggies, guacamole etc.
  • VOILA!!! Cucumber boat ready!







OR treat yourself to some CUCUMBER-GETTI (as christened by me, lol)

For this you will need a Julienne cutter, to get your cucumber in thin strip shapes.

I wanted my cucumber-getti dry and crisp, so I made sure while peeling the cucumber I left out the seeds.

The cucumber-getti is ready once you are done peeling.

Serve it with your favorite sauce.

Eazy-peazy!







Let's just say I was having a "noodlized" time here... made me some CUCUMBER NOODLES and other options while meal prepping









You see there's more to CUCUMBERS?!

I dare you to up your CUCUMBER game. *winks*

Follow me on instagram @bukikolade


EXTRA INFORMATION - This is what a Julienne cutter looks like.
Image result for julienne cutterImage courtesy : Google
Be careful not to mistake it for a Potato peeler. The difference here is the teeth.






5 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting ideas!

Unknown said...

Truly interesting Anthonia

Unknown said...

Great mind!

Unknown said...

Great mind!

Unknown said...

Thanks