Monday 27 June 2016

Recipe - Granola

Granola

You will need:

DRY INGREDIENTS
Oats
Nuts and Seeds (I didn't use any seeds though, I used coconut, walnuts, groundnuts..feel free to add more nuts and seeds almonds, cashew, sesame seeds, flax seeds etc.)
Dried fruit (I used dates, will add raisins in my next quest)

WET INGREDIENTS
Honey
Coconut oil ( or any other healthy oil)

DIRECTIONS

Chop your walnuts. Slice your coconuts thinly (I used a vegetable slicer). The groundnuts are fine just the way they are.

In a bowl, toss together all dry ingredients but not the fruit yet. (I used half of one coconut, seven walnuts, three handfuls of groundnuts, and one cup of rolled oats).

In a pan on low heat, combine about 3-4 tablespoons of honey and 3 teaspoons of your oil, occasionally stirring till both are well combined.

Pour the honey-oil mixture over the oat-nut-seed mixture, and toss until evenly coated.


Spread granola on a cookie sheet or microwave/oven safe dish and bake till the granola turns golden brown - stir occasionally.

Let cool, then toss in the dried fruit.

Store in an airtight container. It should keep for up to a month at room temperature.

You can munch on your granola as a snack, you can have it as cereal, you can include it in your parfait combo with some yogurt and fruits, or you can use it to make yourself some granola bars.

This is me, having granola as cereal.


And me again, attempting to treat myself to a parfait.


Follow on instagram @bukikolade 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love :)

Unknown said...

So do I :)

Ejiro WONDER WOMAN said...

Wow

Unknown said...

Very wow :)